Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Need A Vacation From My Holiday

My other grandpa died yesterday, making for two big funerals in two weeks.  I swear, in the last year I've been to more funerals than anyone should have to deal with in a decade.  It really puts life in perspective.  And next month, only six days after Lyle's first birthday, will be the one year anniversary of my mom dying.  We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I need to keep pushing on with life.  The more I focus on taking care of my kids and working on my writing, the better I feel.  I can't change what's going wrong.  I need to keep going with the things I can control.  

Okay.  At least I should post an update on my writing progress since that's what this blog is supposed to be about.  My WIP is about to cross the 40,000 word mark, which means it will officially be novel length (according to the opinion of many at least . . . the one consistent thing about word length is that no one really seems to agree entirely).  It's a bit sporadic because I've been hopping around a bit, but I'm actually confident I'll get there in the end.  There's potential in it.  I just need to put in the effort, and of course have the confidence  that I can do the story justice.  After all, it is a story of a nation so divided along political lines that it actually results in the country splitting in half and eventually going to war.  Seems appropriate for the times, does it not?

Still quite a way to go on that front, but after that I also have three completed novels that I want to revise, and a new novel that I've been toying around with for awhile.  I have enough in my head to keep me busy for years.

Although, I have made one solid conclusion.  If I manage to sell a book in the near future, I'm using the money to take my family on a mini vacation.  I think we need it.  How much do you think it would cost to go here?



Thanks to Victor Habbick for this lovely photo!



1 comment:

  1. It really feels like the universe has really dealt a lot of bad cards your way, and it's not fair at all. You're my best lady friend for a reason. You definitely won't be alone on the year anniversary of your mom leaving this Earth. I hold a lot of it in, but she was somewhat of a mom to me, too, and a friend and I miss her a lot. If you need me to bring up the little miss baby and come keep you company to get you through the day, you know I'd be happy to. You just let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete