Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some Unsolicited Advice on Life (A Poem)


I didn't know what to write for today's post.  I spent a large portion of the past day with a brain-splicing headache.  It got so bad I even threw up.  The whole situation was anything but pretty.  Caring for two noisy children with a bad headache does nothing to help with the pain, but somehow I got through it.  

This left me feeling a bit uninspired, but I wanted to make sure I had something to post.  So I used a random word generator to give me a handful of words and used them to write a poem.    I also used plenty of colors to help brighten an otherwise unpleasant day.

So here's my poem, along with the list of words that inspired it.

Raise
Editing
Train
Regain
Require
Temper
Cost
Humble
Satisfied
Guiding
Fail
Condemnation



Some Unsolicited Advice on Life


Raise your head high brave one,
though all is falling down.
Quiet your temper when trials in
your life make you frown.

Remember if you fail, that means
you tried, at least.
Train yourself to shrug off condemnation
and you'll be left with a feast.

Editing your past to mask the hard times
belittles what made you strong.
Reaching out to hold a guiding hand
can help you move along.

Strive to regain the self-confidence
that you left behind.
Hold on to all the wonderful people
that help ease your mind.

People have a natural way of finding
whatever they require.
In order to live a life that leaves you satisfied,
you must try to inspire.

Accumulating riches may allow a life of ease,
but remember to remain humble.
Regardless of what we do each day,
we will occasionally fumble.

Each time we reach for something new
there may be an unexpected cost.
Don't let this stop you from reaching.
Don't be defined by what you've lost.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiring poem, much of it relates to me,Thanks for sharing.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome exercise and I absolutely love what you came up with! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Excellent poem and full of color too. In every sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inspiration and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed today L. G. -- THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words are rather bittersweet, but they inspired me. It's a very lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh... this was so inspiring. I totally loved this, LG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you made wonderful use of some random words and a bad situation. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete