Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Express Yourself: Lunch With An Author


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is brought to you by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

This week's question is: What author(s) would you love to have lunch with?

I have several answers for this one, so it's a good thing we're allowed more than one.

One obvious answer is J.K. Rowling.  I love her work, and I love her life story. She started out broke, and she succeeded beyond all reasonable expectations. That's just awesome.

Another is Neil Gaiman.  The man rocks.  There's no other way about it.

Terry Pratchett.  He's funny, and his books are full of relevant social commentary.  His work is truly wonderful.

Neil deGrasse Tyson.  Yes, he's primarily an astrophysicist, but he's published some great books too.  Anyone who's interested in the universe would benefit from reading his books.  He's also a tremendous speaker, which adds to my desire to meet him in person.

If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose?


3 comments:

  1. I need to read more Neil Gaiman. Anansi Boys was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orson Scott Card has my vote. I have a row of his books and found his sci-fi/fantasy worlds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choices, especially Neil Gaiman! :)

    ReplyDelete