Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Express Yourself: Top 5 TV Shows


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is made possible by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: What are the top 5 shows you currently watch?

The following are the shows that I currently record so I can watch them with my husband.

I love that each season is a different story altogether, and this season is particularly engrossing for me.

The zombies are that ever-present threat that keeps coming for you while everything else falls apart.  This show looks at all the repercussions of an apocalyptic scenario.  This includes deadly illnesses, lack of supplies, and the monstrous people who will happily kill you for their own purposes.

You don't know who you can trust in this world.  Since the power went out, dynamics have changed, and politics can be downright brutal.

The lives of heroes are not glamorous here, and there's more to everyone's past than they're willing to tell. This keeps the surprises coming.

As the series draws to a close, we get closer to the meeting that the entire series has been based upon.  We know who the mother is, so it's only a matter of time. Plus, Neil Patrick Harris is one of my favorite actors ever, so that helps.

Those are the shows that are currently on.  I'm also looking forward to more Falling Skies and Game of Thrones.  I have awhile to wait yet, but at least I have plenty to entertain me in the meantime.

What shows do you currently watch?


12 comments:

  1. Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Castle, Elementary, White Collar, Arrow, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland...and I can't wait for Falling Skies to start again. It's probably my favorite right now. We were sad about Burn Notice ending. That's been one of our favs for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking Dead, and, uhhh...

    Football? Does that count? If so, then NCAA and the NFL makes three.

    Oooh -- the news. That's something I watch on TV... So that's four...

    And of course, the Weather Channel. So that makes five.

    But other than that, I'm writing, reading, playing my guitar, playing video games, or spending time with my granddaughter or my wife or family, and -- occasionally -- watching OnDemand or Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrow is the best superhero show since the first season of Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love AHS and TWD! I've watched a few epi's of Revolution, but my hubby loves that show! He tries to catch me up on all that happens with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Walking Dear really rocks. I think we all like it. Luv Arrow too as a man with a bow & arrow is just hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry. Can't type. The Walking Dear? Not. The Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love 'The Walking Dead' and 'Arrow'! My other faves are 'Supernatural' and 'Sleepy Hollow'. Haven't had a chance to check out 'American Horror Story: Coven' yet, but I keep hearing good things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since we don't have cable or tivo at Chez Quinn, I rely on Netflix, so I'm at least a season behind on lots of shows. But I've definitely been enjoying Arrow recently. I've always been a Supernatural fan. And if any of the local channels would actually come in (thanks for nothing digital conversion) I'd watch Big Bang Theory non stop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think only one of those shows airs in New Zealand, and that would be Walking Dead, although I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Castle, Bones and anything with Alan Partridge. I don't really watch as they air, I tend to download or buy season discs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on Coven and Walking Dead (and I do get a kick out of Talking Dead afterward - did you see the one with whatsisface of Marilyn Manson - LOL). Futurama and Big Bang Theory are also must sees for me, even though Futurama's reached its end (again). Now that I'm back with my parents I don't have BBC America or Ovation TV any more, which I feel to be a very sad loss. Looking forward to Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete