Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Express Yourself: Things I Look Forward To


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: List something(s) you always look forward to this time of year.

I absolutely love drinking hot chocolate and hot cider this time of year.  It's a good way to warm up after a trek through the snow.  I also love eating some of my favorite winter foods, such as homemade chili and vegetable soup.

Another thing I look forward to is Christmas morning when I get to watch my kids open their gifts.  Their absolute excitement is contagious, and it makes me feel like a kid again.

I enjoy spending time with family and friends.  It can be stressful at times, but in the end, it's worth it.

And last, I look forward to New Years Eve.  I grew up with a family tradition of playing board games and eating snacks on New Years Eve.  Then at midnight, we'd watch the ball drop.  In my opinion, this is one of the best traditions ever! It's also neat to think of the promise of a new year.  It's a good time to reflect on what we want to pursue or change to make our lives more fulfilling.

Plus, champagne.  Or wine.  There is always some kind of alcohol consumed after the ball drops, and that's part of the fun.

What do you look forward to this time of year?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some wonderful things to look forward to! I love your New Year's Eve tradition, too -- it sounds a lot like ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are really great things to look forward to. I can imagine the smell of that hot cider.

    ReplyDelete