Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Express Yourself: Reading and Writing Places



The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: Do you have any special writing/reading places?

Before I had kids, I made frequent trips to whichever coffee shop was near where I was living at the time.  Coffee shops have the perfect atmosphere for me to read or write.  I love the smell, I love the fact that coffee is readily available, and it's a social setting where I don't feel too pressured to interact.  That's important for an introvert like me.

Nowadays, I write whenever I can snag the time.  I mostly write in my living room when I don't have kids jumping on me, but I take my notebook with me everywhere just in case I get a few spare moments to scribble something down. It's the same whenever I'm immersed in a good book.  It travels with me wherever I go.  So, in a way, every place is a potential writing/reading place for me now.

Do you have any special spaces where you read/write?


2 comments:

  1. I guess with kids, you just have to adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write most of my stuff at my desk, but I love to go outside and edit or make notes.

    ReplyDelete