Friday, July 15, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-July 15, 2016



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain! Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

My kids are excited because they get to be in a parade tomorrow morning.  This will be the third year in a row they've done it, and they love it every time.

I've gotten a good amount of writing done this week.  Perhaps not as much as I might have liked, but my WIP is coming along nicely.

My garden is coming along well.  I have three tomato plants. Two of them were nibbled by rabbits, but one of those two is making a comeback and will likely produce some nice tomatoes.  The one that the rabbits didn't touch is growing like crazy.  So is our cucumber plant.  We also have peppers and onions that look really good.  I can't wait to eat some of this stuff!

Thanks to generous friends, we have a bunch of baby clothes, which we definitely needed.  I'm definitely grateful for that.

What would you like to celebrate?




13 comments:

  1. I'm celebrating the fruits of the garden too this week! Glad you are going to get some yummy produce soon. Have fun at the parade tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be celebrating if my plants were merely growing! The potential for your eating your own tomatoes and cucumbers in sandwiches featuring them is definitely grounds for celebration! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your wip is coming along. Have fun at the parade, I remember when my daughter was in one. We stood on the sidelines waving and cheering for her.

    The rabbits have been doing a lot of nibbling here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your kids have a good time in the parade tomorrow. Enjoy your vegetables when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parades are fun. The ones that go by our neighborhood usually feature candy-tossing.

    We grow tomatoes, basil, and tyme. I have a huge rhubarb plant, but don't know what to do with it. Strawberry/rhubarb pie sounds great, but I don't need the calories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your garden is coming along well. I don't grow vegetables, but I have a flower garden the rabbits like pretty well. Yay for the writing progress and the generous neighbors! Have fun at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your kids get to be in a parade. My brother's kids got to do that in Menominee, Michigan when they were young.

    And glad your garden is growing well. Mine is being overcome by weeds as usual but at least we had a good rain yesterday.

    Nissa from
    http://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to grow my own vegetables! I hope you get a lot from them :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason, the rabbits here don't mess with our garden. I wouldn't mind if they got a couple tomatoes though. Eight plants that have just exploded are promising close to 1000 tomatoes. My husband is already growing weary of salads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list of things! (Except for the rabbits. Maybe it's fence time.) Yay for the writing and the baby clothes, and I hope your sons have a great time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited for this time of year and the veggies and fruit that are available fresh from the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it's a fun parade, and congrats on your WIP!

    Yvonne V

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay to the garden! I'm amazed that mine is still surviving. Great that you got so much writing done and have fun at the parade!

    ReplyDelete